About Healthy Home DiagnosticsTrust your home to State Licensed, Accredited, and Certified Professionals
Scott Logue ~ President
- Scott Logue has been President of Airmakers Heating and Air-Conditioning for over 29 years, and in the fall of 2007 branched out to establish Healthy Home Diagnostics. Scott holds an H2 and H3 heating and air-conditioning license, as well as SP-PH (plumbing and heating) electrical license. He has studied and completed examinations with ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) for Manual J Load Calculations and Manual D Duct Design. In an effort to stay informed within the industry, Scott attends semi-annual continuing education courses. Most recently, he has completed extensive training in building science and has been certified by the Comfort Institute, Inc., an international indoor comfort research, training and consumer protection organization. Scott has over 33 years of experience in providing comfort to homeowners across the Triangle.
Scott has made countless efforts on a personal and professional level to help the environment. Airmakers and Healthy Home Diagnostics, in a combined effort, participate in recycling programs. They recycle all plastics, aluminum, glass, and paper products. Old equipment is divided up into copper and steel which are individually recycled. Oil from compressors is collected and taken to a local recycle facility to be properly disposed of or recycled.
On a personal level and in an attempt to consume energy, Scott conditioned and sealed the crawlspace in his home and installed a 98% efficient tankless water heater cutting his utility costs by over 30%. He has changed the light bulbs in his home to the new ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs, uses programmable thermostats to conserve energy associated with his heating and cooling equipment, properly maintains all of his equipment, and recycles all plastics, aluminum, glass, and paper products. It is this same outlook that Scott carries as President of Healthy Home Diagnostics.
Joel Key, LEED AP ~ General Manager
Joel Key has over 19 years of experience in the home building and service industry. His interest in building science and green building began about ten years ago when he was the Regional Technical Director for one of the nation’s largest HVAC distributors. Joel was asked to assist the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in a study determining the total energy efficiency of various types of construction. He was hooked and has been studying building science and green building ever since.
Joel currently holds four separate contracting licenses in North Carolina for Heating & Air Conditioning, Plumbing, and Commercial Refrigeration along with the following certifications and accreditation's:
- LEED Accredited Professional with the United States Green Building Counsel.
- Certified Building Analyst Professional through the Building Performance Institute
- Certified Building Envelope specialist through the Building Performance Institute
- Certified Green Building Professional through NAHB
- Certified in Residential Mechanical Ventilation through the Heating Refrigeration Air Conditioning Institute (HRAI)
- Certified Green Home Rater
Joel has a passion for learning and teaching others he has served as an instructor at two community colleges within our state and as an approved continuing education instructor through the North Carolina State Board of Plumbing, Heating and Fire Sprinkler Contractors. To date, Joel has taught over 150 industry specific training classes.
Most recently Joel served as a Building Science and Weatherization instructor at Wilson Technical Community College and on the BPI National Committee for forced air duct standards.
Currently Joel serves on two advisory councils at Wake Technical Community College.
Ronald Keith ~ Home Diagnostic Consultant
- Ronald Keith holds the position as a Home Diagnostic Technical Consultant. He has many years of training in electronic communications, specializing in control devices. He is an NATE Certified Technician and a state licensed contractor. While working as an HVAC Senior Service Technician he developed an interest in building science and green building. He then obtained a Building Science Certification from Comfort Institute. Also, Ron has his RESNET, (Residential Energy Services Network) Certification specializing in ensuring the success of the building energy performance and setting higher building quality standards. Ron also is a Home Energy Rater (HERS) which allows him to rate a home to be Energy Star qualified.
Healthy Home in the News